hotmail problems

Reaction score
hi.. i'm kirun.. it's been almost 3 months i cant access my hotmail account properly :\ . this is the chronology.. it is true that i can log on to my hotmail account using any browser on my macbook. but the problem is when i click a particular message, the browser wont load that particular message.. therefore i cant read all messages using my macbook.. i tried safari, firefox, opera and even google chrome and IE7 when i boot camp to windows.
:Angry: i missed my interview notification and much more problems cos of this.. but 3 days ago i tried to log on to hotmail with my mobile phone (HTC Touch).. and u know what?:Confused: my IE on my HTC is able to acces my email.. it worked fine with my phone.. but :Angry:, come on, what's the point of having macbook if i have to check my email using my phone.. i really really need a help to settle down this problem.. how come my macbook cant load any messages from my hotmail until now.. any advice please??:|

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Some advice: Ditch Hotmail and get a real web account. GMail is free and works from just about anywhere and from anything. Microsoft no longer supports the free Hotmail accounts anyway - they want you to buy into the more sophisticated "Windows Live".

BTW, my Hotmail account works fine from Mac Mail although I rarely if ever, use it.

Regards.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
My works just fine in Opera as I just checked and responded to those few emails that still go to that address.

If it doesn't work on any browser, regardless of OS, something bigger is the problem. Does it work on other computers (aside from your phone)?

OP
K
Reaction score
If it doesn't work on any browser, regardless of OS, something bigger is the problem. Does it work on other computers (aside from your phone)?

yes.. it works fine in other computers even in my HTC phone.. :(

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Since you have acknowledged that this isn't a Mac specific problem, I'm going to suggest some options that are not OS specific.

Do you have any problems with your network connection? Can you use any other hotmail accounts on your machine? If you don't have any other accounts to try, I suggest setting up a "dummy" account and see if that one works.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.