Unable to create disk image: error code -61

Reaction score
I'm running 10.5.6 on a MacBook Pro (Intel). I copied several DVDs this morning successfully, then with the next attempt to create a disk image from the next master, I got the above error message. I reinstalled the latest OS X download, repaired permissions; no go. I tried to create a disk image of a master that had worked before, and got the same error message. Any suggestions?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
According to Apple, that's (-61) a write permissions error. Link

Sounds like the "master" you were trying to image is copy protected.

Regards.

OP
P
Reaction score
I agree. the odd thing is that I successfully created a disk image from a particular master and made 10 copies from it. After I encountered the problem, I returned to the same master that I had copied before (and therefore was presumably not protected) and it too produced the -61 error message.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Hi:

Let's just say you got "lucky" the first time. :)

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.