Windows XP SP3 OEM

Reaction score
I want to bootcamp my iMac 20" 2.66 GHz as soon as my college year ends to get some gaming on (Sim City 4 for the mac is so much slower compared to my old PC). On Newegg.ca there are XP Home SP3 OEM discs for around $115.

Can I use this for bootcamp?

If I can, and when I install XP, would I be able to revert to XP SP2? I have heard of wifi disconnecting problems and I am 2 floors away from the router.

Any help is appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 MB, 2.1GHz 4GB RAM, 10.5.8
That disc would be fine. I don't believe you can revert to SP2, but you should be able to find an SP2 disc. I have Sp3 on my macbook via bootcamp and have never had any problems with wireless connectivity.

Reaction score
Plus be mindful that the Windows updater will download SP3 anyway (even if you install SP2 or roll it back to SP2), and prompt you to "update" Windows and install SP3 anyway, along with other normal updates. To avoid it, you'll be in constant warfare with the updater ... SP3 works with BC and should be fine.

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.