iBook questions

Reaction score
I was just wondering,what is the best way to keep my iBook from getting scratched..

Id like to hear that from other peoples experience isit easily marked.... I wouldntliketo have to find out the hard way with my iBook!!

How can I remove internet explorer from the dock??

Anyone know the best place topick up a copy of ms office for mac cheap??

:mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
IE: Just click and hold the icon and then drag it away from the dock and it should disappear in a puff of smoke.

Scratching: I use a Tucano sleeve with my iBook to keep it from scratching when I carry it around in my bag, but I haven't really noticed it to be particularly scratch prone - definitely not as bad as the iPod!

MS OFFICE: Get the educational edition: Go to any store that stocks mac Office and ask for the educational edition of Office 2004. Should be a lot cheaper than the regular version and most stores won't even ask to see student ID. (Seems to work best at the apple store).
If you are a student try your campus IT department for cheap software.

Reaction score
I just have a standard laptop bag for my ibook, I take it everywhere on holiday camping out and so on. It's still in good condition but then I've never dropped it !!!
Just look after it, use your common sense and it should be fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Here's a second vote for the Tucano sleeve. It keeps it nice and cozy and scratch-free.

M

maverick2k

Is it really necessary to have a keyboard cover for the ibook to prevent from dust getting in?

Reaction score
Do you mean the bit of cloth which goes in-between the keyboard and screen. I thought that was to stop the keys from scratching the LCD screen. Never had any problems with it myself, as for a dust cover I should imagine that most people will looking for a new laptop after six years of use so its not like you'd have to worry about dust.!

M

monkeybutler

Mr Bobbins said:
Do you mean the bit of cloth which goes in-between the keyboard and screen. I thought that was to stop the keys from scratching the LCD screen.

is there an issue with the kb touching the screen? im waiting for my ibook to be delivered later in the week so i want all the warnings and the do's and dont's before i destroy this thing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
I've seen problems with some Powerbook models' keyboards scratching the screen, but never on an iBook.

Reaction score
As Caribiner23 says it was a powerbook issue and not an ibook issue and you don't need a dust cover unless your planning on keeping your mac next to the deep fat frier that gets regular use.

Don't let the battery go completely flat, it will not kill it but because it's a li-ion battery they like to be kept charged. Running it down to 15% is no problem and you might as well use the battery as they last about three years regardless of weather you have used them or not. The battery has no memory effect so you can charge it whenever you like. :headphone

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.