Stuck on vista and vista won't start

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum 13" 2.0GHZ 4GB RAM 500GB HDD
K so I have the 2.0 ghz aluminum MacBook and I got it in December. I installed bootcamp and vista ultimate. Last night I was downloading a few small program on vista (like winrar and libusb) and then it froze and it never froze before.
So I waited a bit and a blue screen came up that said "windows has encountered an error and must restart"

Now it boots in windows and
Takes me to a screen asking me how to boot it.
It says safe mode, safe mode with network capabilities, safemode with command promp, I think there's another one, and then boot normally.

WELL none of these work. It starts to boot for a second or two then the blue screen flashes and it restarts again :(

So I would like to know how I can get it back to OSX so I can just delete the windows partition or something.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Aluminum 2.0 GHz, 160GB HD, 4GB RAM
Force shutdown of your notebook by holding down the power button for 5-10 seconds and wait a few seconds. Turn on the computer using the power button and hold down the option key (alt) and it will bring up a screen that allows you to choose which disk to boot up from. Simply choose the Mac disk and you are good to go.

Before deleting your partition i would try to boot in windows again and see if switching disks solved the problem somehow. On the other hand if you o not mind losing the data on the Vista partition, just wipe it out and reload the Windows OS.

OP
X
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum 13" 2.0GHZ 4GB RAM 500GB HDD
Thank you so much I will try it when I get home. You're the best

Reaction score
It works!!

Just wanted to post that I have been using boot camp daily for about 7 months on my macbook and today was first time it did this same thing. I used the prescribed method and all is well. I did however notice that, when it did fail, I was running only one program in Mac OS, an actively downloading bit torrent. Once this program was shut down before rebooting, boot camp worked normally. Recommendation: physically close all running programs before switching to Windows. Hope this helps future users.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0 ghz
Just wanted to post that I have been using boot camp daily for about 7 months on my macbook and today was first time it did this same thing. I used the prescribed method and all is well. I did however notice that, when it did fail, I was running only one program in Mac OS, an actively downloading bit torrent. Once this program was shut down before rebooting, boot camp worked normally. Recommendation: physically close all running programs before switching to Windows. Hope this helps future users.

This seems a little odd to me.If you're running bootcamp, then OSX is not booted. Thus, a program can't be running under OSX while running Windows...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.