I got a dent in my batter on the new late 2008 macbook

Reaction score
Is there there anything wrong in using the battery that was drop and have a dent on it. I drop my macbook battery when I open it up to upgrade my hdd and it left huge dent on it. I'm not worry about how the dent looks on my battery because it a battery cover by the lid, but I am more concern about the battery performance or the life of it. Like... would a dent battery burn up my mac and stuff?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The only way you're going to find out if the battery is functioning properly is by placing it back in the machine and see if it works OK. Take it through a charge - discharge cycle. It's unlikely a dent in the battery would cause it to damage your machine, but if you feel uncomfortable about it purchase a new battery from Apple.

Regards.

Reaction score
I don't think there should be a problem either if it's just a small dent on the battery. But if you want to be sure, take it to an Apple Store to get their opinion.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.