Apple Mail Help (SMTP)

Reaction score
Hello,

I have just purchased a MacBook and have setup my email on the preinstalled Apple Mail.

I am using a Telus POP3 Webmail Account for my email & am having some problems getting it to work properly. I have configured the account successfully and can receive email but when trying to compose or reply I keep getting a connection error that says “could not establish connection, account has been taken offline” when I try and take the account online I get the same message asking me to edit my server settings.
This is configured the same way as my outlook on my PC.

Incoming: pop.telus.net (Port 110)
Outgoing: smtp.telus.net (Port 25)

Don’t know why my SMTP Server is failing there is no SSL or TLS and it is using the default port (25), since I am not yet used to the OS and how everything works, thought I would ask for some expert advice.

Many thanks in advance!

Max.

Reaction score
Alternate Telus SMTP Port

Confirmed - PORT 587 for my Telus smtp email is working for me, via my Shaw home ISP connection.

Reaction score
update - it stopped working. i tried setting the smtp to shawmail.vc.shawcable.net, keeping everything else the same (pop=pop.telus.net). this seems to work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.