Port translation? IP translation? i have no clue

Reaction score
Hello All,

I work in a remote location which affords me a lot of time to goof around on the internet... however, my only internet connection is behind a corporate firewall. I have two computers, one a macbook running OS X 10.5 and the other is an Alienware.

i have an HTTP and SOCKS 4/5 tunneling service on my Alienware... (the Your Freedom Client) there is no Mac client for this service. I have figured out how to surf the internet using the proxy settings in my macbook, setting the Alienware's IP address and the proxy program's port.

EvE Online is a different story though. on my PC i have a program called "Proxy Firewall" that intercepts all outgoing connections to the internet and redirects the traffic to wherever i want it to go, weather or not it is SOCKs compatible (EvE Online is not) and does the translating for it.

So my question is, Is there a program or function in OS X 10.5 that will redirect traffic from a program that does not normally have that function built in, to where i want it to go?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
What about SSH tunneling?

Setup up SSH service on the PC and tunnel ports over SSH with SSH Tunnel Manager for Mac.

OP
K
Reaction score
The problem isn't with SSH tunneling, that's what the "Your Freedom" client is for.

it's getting my program to interface with it... on my PC, i use "Proxy Firewall" and it works just fine, what i need is something that acts like a software router on my mac that transparently redirects my program to use the tunneling software.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.