Does anyone know how to "push" the color codes of my calendars from my Mac's iCal app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
So, I went back to syncing my calendar, contacts and bookmarks the old fashioned way, via corded iTunes sync. Long story, but suffice to say the MobileMe syncing quit being a reliable sync method as of 03-03-2009. I'm fine with that for the time being. The problem however, is that my calendar events have different colors on my Mac's iCal application and the iPhone's calendar application. Not a huge deal, except my mind looks for specific colors when scanning my iPhone for appointments. For example, I've used blue for work items and pink for my wife's appointments for several years now. On the iPhone they are now red and orange respectively. This is a problem as they don't register as important when skimming my events during the day and I'm missing important things occasionally. Does anyone know how to "push" the color codes of my calendars from my Mac's iCal app to my iPhone's calendar app? Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks!
-Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I don't have an answer for you, I still use MM to sync. My question is what your issues with MM sync were?

Reaction score
mines exactly the same, very frustrating, i have scanned this site for an answer and couldn't find one.

i think it must be impossible !!!

maybe 3.0 software in june will sort it out !!

OP
XJ-linux
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't have an answer for you, I still use MM to sync. My question is what your issues with MM sync were?

Well, basically, since the update on the 3rd of March (to the MM servers) my sync via MM is unreliable at best. I use the calendar app more than any other notating things at work, setting alarms to do things, etc... Anyhow, since the update it's been a 50/50 toss up whether anything I enter on the iPhone actually makes it to my Mac at home. Even more frustrating is that it seems to be random ie: sometimes everything replicates just fine, sometimes eight or ten out of thirty items will replicate, sometimes nothing at all replicates. Oddly enough, I have even waited (after entering a calendar item) for the progress "wheel" in the upper left of the display to quit spinning before entering the next item or switching to another application. It would appear everything was "sent" to the cloud, and yet when I get home there's nothing on the Mac. I then access the iPhone calendar to see what's up and it's totally blank for several minutes. Eventually, it's repopulated with what is on my Mac calendar ie: all the day's entries made at work are gone and I'm rolled back to about 6am that morning. After 3 hours on the phone with some very helpful people (seriously, they tried everything and were very nice) it seemed like deleting everything older than 3 months in iCal fixed the problem - my calendar was approaching 75MB in size. The next day everything was fine as well. The middle of the second day after pruning the calendar it pooped out again.

Like I said long story (and the above was a short version of it)!

Any ideas gang?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
my ical syncs blue(home) green(work) and untill 3 days ago red(birthdays) but now all my birthdays are gone from my phone ! open ical hightlight the calender you want right click select get info and choose color.

OP
XJ-linux
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the input. Actually though, I was hoping to find out how to change the color coding on the calendar application on the iPhone. On my desktop iCal application, a particular calendar is yellow (as it has always been). However, it shows up on the iPhone as a sort of pukey olive drab green. Color synchronization was fine when using MM to sync. Now when using the iTunes sync method, the colors are all over the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.