iPod Touch - Calendar / Contacts

Reaction score
I am thinking about purchasing an iTouch. Does it have a Calendar / Contacts feature? I currently lightly using a Palm to keep track of Contacts and Appointments... I would not want to carry both around.

Waiting for the iPhone to come to Verizon :)

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
The iTouch has the same Calendar feature as the iPhone. I hope you are ready for a long wait, the likelihood of the iPhone going to Verizon any time soon is slim to none.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
Yes, all of your contacts / calendars can sync to an iPod touch. I do mine every day!

OP
D
Reaction score
I think I will just get the iTouch then...

One more thing... I read something that stated that you could not add calendar items directly to the iTouch but had to enter everything on the computer, then sync. Is this true with the 2nd gen iTouch??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
I add things all the time to my first gen iPod touch and they sync back to my computer just fine. Especially useful when I am at work and want to enter an iCal item with an alarm -- the MobileMe website will not allow alarms to be added. Should be the same for all generations.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium MacBook | iPod Touch
^+1. Yes, its supported and very well at that.

Guys, not hijacking the thread but. How does the iPod Touch fill in as a good device worth the extra load when you have an able phone?

I mean, I have the 2nd gen Touch. But I have been unable to use it for anything more than music/videos. Seems I cannot utilise it. Its so much limited, its not a phone. We dont have hotspots everywhere.

Any tips on how one can utilise the iPod more? I already have a WinMo phone. How would that extra device help?

OP
D
Reaction score
but I could use the ical on my Macbook without mobile me, right?? and still sync the iTouch??

thanks!!!

Reaction score
I got the Touch just as a PDA, not wanting to replace my phone or pay the extra charges. The Touch is a superb PDA. Go to the iTunes store ("apps" in the Touch) and look at the applications and podcasts. Almost all of those for the iPhone work on the Touch, although you do have to be connected via WiFi rather than anytime, anywhere. Recommended: Stanza & eReader for reading books. Urbanspoon, Speedtest, and GoogleEarth when you are on Wifi. FlightControl (about $1), Mighty Good Games' free Sudoku, eSleepLite. Of course, the built-in calendar (syncs with iCal), contacts (syncs with Address Book),music, podcasts (video and audio). There are many, many others.
twizzard

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.