Impressed

B

bsatchmo

Well two weeks ago I got my first mac, a Powerbook G4. The last time I used a mac was back in elementary school on OS8 and OSX is a great improvment. I got this because I work on Graphics and Newspapers for the school and my windows comp could not keep up with everything i needed to do. I was thinking about getting an iMac but I knew I would need something that I could use at school and home so I settled with the Powebook. The speed of this thing is amazing and the processers half the speed of my windows computer yet it can do so much more. The only problem I have is this laptop does not work well on a desk unless I sit on some pillows to reach the keys better. I'm going to start making an attempt to get my friends into macs and away from windows. Oh and I was also impressed at how easy this connected to the internet, it found my home network and boom I'm all set to go.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
stock 17" 2.8ghz unibody mbp.
hook up an external keyboard if you find that typing on the keyboard of the pbook is abit uncomfortable..

i too am a recent switcher.. i heavily relied on windoze - funny how my desktop keeps crashing lately on me.. anywho, unfortunately i had to send my pbook back to the warehouse after playing with it for only 3 days - there was a scratch when i got it.. apple is sending me my replacement just as we speak.. but i wont be getting it till next week sigh

i miss my baby ><

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
pkny said:
hook up an external keyboard if you find that typing on the keyboard of the pbook is abit uncomfortable..

i too am a recent switcher.. i heavily relied on windoze - funny how my desktop keeps crashing lately on me.. anywho, unfortunately i had to send my pbook back to the warehouse after playing with it for only 3 days - there was a scratch when i got it.. apple is sending me my replacement just as we speak.. but i wont be getting it till next week sigh

i miss my baby ><

i'm not a recent switcher but remember two years ago now that the first powermac I received had problems...and having to wait until a replacement was shipped back to me. The computer I received has been great to me and the pain of doing without was well worth the wait. Be strong :cool:

OP
E

Eleven

bsatchmo said:
I'm going to start making an attempt to get my friends into macs and away from windows.

Good luck on that, it's like trying to make the average American renounce to Burger King...

People LOVE Windows, it's so easy, everybody knows how to use it (well, somehow), you can play Solitaire at work, like Burger King you know the menus by heart and it's not disturbing because it's no different from the neighbour's ****.

If Windows was a car it would be a Camaro, if OSX was a car, it would be a Ferrari...

So what's cooler?

Dell/Windows/Camaro/SeaDoo/RCA 4:3/Harley/AOHell?

Mac/OSX/Ferrari/Stand up/Fujitsu 16:10/Ducati/Cable?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.