Java - Ultimate Beginner help

Reaction score
Hello all... First of all let me set a few things strait... im a very proud owner of a imac... on witch i develop java app for educational propose (college obligation)... the thing is: on the college the are only Pc`s running windows... i use the "eclipse"... and now comes the problems:
1-alot of what i develop at home just dont work on the windows... mainly because of a missing... well thats the thing... i dont know Whisky Tango Foxtrot is missing... i downloaded the last version for mac... and the last version for windows... and the windows just cannot figure out some code that were generated on the mac... like:"import com.sun.tools.javac.util.*;"

can u guys help!?!?!? tks alot!!!

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Java is platform independent and thus, if you use the official Sun builds, what runs on one JVM will run on another. Hence the "Write once, run anywhere" slogan.

What version of Java are you running on the Mac and on the PC? Simply type "java -version" to get the JVM version (without the quotes of course).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.