Voltage Questions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Unibody 15.4 2.4GHz 2GB RAM 250 GB HD
I've been thinkin about getting a MacBook or MacBook Pro for a while now. I'm going to be moving to Nigeria this winter or so.

The voltage over there is 240 Volts at 50 Hertz and the Macbook Pro 15" comes with

85W MagSafe Power Adapter with cable management system
MagSafe power port
Electrical and operating requirements

Line voltage: 100V to 240V AC
Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz

I know it sounds ridiculous and I know according to this it would work..but it just seems to be on the far ends of the spectrum...would it work perfectly? What would I need to do

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The MagSafe Power adapter is designed so that it will work world - wide. Your worries are for naught.

Regards.

B&O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.
I got my MacBook pro in japan (100v) and I use it in the UK (240v) all the time with a Simple adapter. You can buy an apple kit that changes the plug. Apple are truely worldwide in both hardware and software.

Reaction score
I got my MacBook pro in japan (100v) and I use it in the UK (240v) all the time with a Simple adapter. You can buy an apple kit that changes the plug. Apple are truely worldwide in both hardware and software.

Don't bother with the Apple International Kit, such a waste of money. Just buy a US-Great Britain adapter at Radio Shack, they cost like $10 max. Nigeria uses the same class plug (Type G) as GB.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Unibody 15.4 2.4GHz 2GB RAM 250 GB HD
Thanks a lot yall. Very helpful

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.