Ipod scratching

B

bsatchmo

I got my ipod a month ago and I am concerned.

Is it just me or do they scratch and mark way to easy? My screens covered in minor scratches and the back is as well, it also picks up fingerprints a lot as well. Am I the only one with this problem or are ipods just made out of material that can be scratched easy?

OP
M

meltbanana314

They scratch waayyy to easiy, in my opinion. Mine is about a month old too, and already it looks like a WWII relic.

Sounds like we should've gotten some cases.

On a related note, anybody know a way to remove the scratches from iPods?

Reaction score
yeah, they scratch easily, just learn to live with it. My mini doesn't scratch as easy as my 3G did. I never had any luck with scratch removers.

OP
F

funky

I keep mine in this armband type thing I got from best buy. It has a clip which can come off, so its basically it's a black sporty looking thing with a plastic cover on the front for the click wheel. Only thing I dont like is the holes for the 3G iPod buttons, which I have no need for.

If you want something fancier, you can buy one of those iPod Tatoo packs or buy a pre-made one. :)

OP
I

iDVFH.

I've had my iPod for 2 years and only have 1 scratch on my screen..the back of it? who cares you don't even look at that..as for the front try not to place it front side down and down keep it in a place where doesn't pass jagged edges..worked for me

Reaction score
the only thing wearing away is the grey apple symbol on the back of my mini, and the screen dosen't seem to scratch that easy..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
Case makes screen worse!

I bought the belkin leather case when i bought my 3G iPod. It had a clear screen cover. If dirt or anything would get behind the screen protector it would keep it there and mess up the screen more than if there were nothing. I just put a piece of clear packing tape over my screen. The thick kind. The screen looks good as new and protected now.

OP
P

punjab

iPod Skin

I recently got an iPod Skin for my Mini, it fits skin tight and looks good and it is fully protected now from falling and scratches! it was a great buy! look around for 'ipod mini skins'

OP
E

EvoMac

Before I even purchased my iPod a friend of mine told me to get a case for it because of the ease of scratching. So when I bought my iPod, it literally came out of the box and went right into the case. The only time that I saw what it looked like again was when I had to take it out of the case to return it to the apple store... then the same thing happened with the new one... out of the box - right into the case.

I use the iSkin EVO 2 for 4th gen Ipods. Clear case. I think I might eventually pick up either the black one or the blue one to change it around a little - but I really like how that case projects the screen flawlessly. The only that is exposed is the click wheel.

OP
J

Jason

I bought the Vaja case for my 3rd gen, absolutely the best case I've ever used for any device :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
The iPod Mini does not have the same type of rear cover as the iPod-- on the mini, it's more of a rough finish.

I've heard you need to be extremely careful with the Vaja cases, that you can scratch the screen if you're not careful removing or replacing the iPod into the case-- the clear window on it supposedly has some sharp edges.

I've used a Marware Sportsuit Convertible for the first year I've had my 3G iPod, but now it's looking really lousy because the edges are fraying. Now I'm looking at alternatives, including the Booq cases.

OP
J

Jason

caribiner23 said:
The iPod Mini does not have the same type of rear cover as the iPod-- on the mini, it's more of a rough finish.

I've heard you need to be extremely careful with the Vaja cases, that you can scratch the screen if you're not careful removing or replacing the iPod into the case-- the clear window on it supposedly has some sharp edges.
Really? The window on my Vaja (3rd gen) has its edges surrounding the screen within the leather, aside from the edges around the buttons and wheel. Maybe there's a difference between the ones Vaja sells directly and the ones Apple sells?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Jason said:
Really? The window on my Vaja (3rd gen) has its edges surrounding the screen within the leather, aside from the edges around the buttons and wheel. Maybe there's a difference between the ones Vaja sells directly and the ones Apple sells?

Check out this review that a buddy of mine wrote. Does this reflect your experience, or did he get a different model?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.