Deleting applications

Reaction score
Hello,
basic question here for a new Mac owner: What is the process to delete an application? Do I need to just "Move to Trash" or drag and drop, or are there some hidden files that I need to delete as well. And also, flip4mac? Good or no good?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
thanks for the reply, but that wasn't exactly helpful.

What wasn't helpful about it?
You asked how to delete applications, wondering if all you had to do was move it to the Trash.
Well, you already answered your own question... yes, that is all you need to do in order to uninstall an application.
:D

OP
F
Reaction score
Actually, and not to be rude or unappreciative of your time to respond to my question, but I didn't ask a "yes or no" question, it was an "either or" question, two of them actually. So, that being said, do you have any recommendations on how to watch a .wmv on a Mac?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Flip4Mac - good or no good? - irrelevant

Flip4Mac is the codec that allows you to watch wmv files on OS X.
If you want to watch windows media files, your only other option is to install Windows.

Reaction score
Hello,
basic question here for a new Mac owner: What is the process to delete an application? Do I need to just "Move to Trash" or drag and drop, or are there some hidden files that I need to delete as well. And also, flip4mac? Good or no good?

There are files outside of the Application itself you may want to delete (configuration files like the plist, sometimes source files are stored in a folder somewhere). To get them all, check out programs like AppCleaner or AppZapper.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.