Writing this to you on my new iBook

G

Garrett

Hey all:

This little iBook is the coolest thing I have ever gotten my hands on. Get this:

I am sitting my living room running off battrey power, no cables plugged in, and the airport card picked up my next door neighbors wireless network. I didn't have to configure anything, it just did it by its self. I am extatic. You guys have no idea how amazing, and in simple awe I am. Even though it is just 700MHz and has just 192 MB or RAM, this thing runs its OS faster than my Athlon 64 based system. This is soo cool.

Anyway, just thought I'd share.

--Garrett

OP
M

meltbanana314

Don't you just love unprotected wireless networks?

Anyway, congratulations on your acquisiton of your iBook. Consider getting more RAM and OS X will run faster than that...

OP
G

Garrett

Yeah more RAM in on the way. Hey, this is probably a newbie question, but how do I make the docks' back ground transparent? Also, when I close a window, but it is still open in the background, how may I close the program without using the mouse? I am IN LOVE with this little computer. This is awesome.

--Garrett

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I know your second question. Command + Q.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
Indeed, after taking home my Mac Mini today and playing with it in the comfort of my own home for a few hours now I can say that this whole switch thing is going to work out pretty nice! I'm going to be upgrading it at least to 512MB in the next few weeks as I've noticed when running a lot of stuff (and I run a lot of stuff at times) it gets a tad bogged, but so far I love it! My wife probably wants one now, but she has a lot of life left in her XP computer and I was due for an upgrade.

iChat is sooooooooooo cute!

OP
G

Garrett

Hey, got a question about that dockclear program. Okay, I got it installed the correct way, I got the enhancer, and put it in the correct foler. When I go to edit options in the APE Pane it is there, but no matter what I do I cannot chance the color, or lack there-of of the dock? Any ideas as to what I have done worng?

Thanks!

--Garrett

OP
M

meltbanana314

You need to log off/restart the first time you use it.

And it's called "ClearDock" - not 'dockclear.' Sorry to be pedantic.

OP
G

Garrett

Okay, when, it 'disabled' it. I reenabled ClearDock, but it keeps disabeling it.

OP
P

psychoschematic

HAHAHAH that is so cool man, free internet, I love it.

Happy Surfing!!!

Garrett said:
Hey all:

This little iBook is the coolest thing I have ever gotten my hands on. Get this:

I am sitting my living room running off battrey power, no cables plugged in, and the airport card picked up my next door neighbors wireless network. I didn't have to configure anything, it just did it by its self. I am extatic. You guys have no idea how amazing, and in simple awe I am. Even though it is just 700MHz and has just 192 MB or RAM, this thing runs its OS faster than my Athlon 64 based system. This is soo cool.

Anyway, just thought I'd share.

--Garrett

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.