Whats A good Website Hosting website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Saving up for a Macbook
Whats A good Website Hosting website. I need it to be somewhat cheap.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP- 2.4GHz (13-inch), 8GB, 250GB; Mac mini 2.0, 2GB, 120GB HD; 2017 iPad 9.7, iPhone 11Pro (64GB)
WebHostingTalk is a popular resource to read about user reviews/experiences with various hosts.

I personally use Surpass Hosting, with no complaints. They have very affordable basic plans, to expensive plans with alot more features than the basic plans. They also have a great user community, called Surmunity.

And you can check out this thread, that provides details on discounts you can take advantage of as a Mac-Forums member.

Good luck on your search.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Iv'e been using HostGator for the last six months and so far have no complaints.

Write down your needs so you can match them to the packages available. Look for reviews and keep in mind you'll find negative responses to almost all sites. The 'trick' is to recognize habitual problems from one-offs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4
Carla;817560I personally use [URL="http://surpasshosting.com" said:
Surpass Hosting[/URL], with no complaints. They have very affordable basic plans, to expensive plans with alot more features than the basic plans. They also have a great user community, called Surmunity.
Good luck on your search.

I can vouch for surpasshosting myself. I've been with them for about 7 years with very few problems. When I do have a problem, their support staff is very prompt, knowledgeable, and helpful.

I manage 6 sites with them.

Their cPanel interface is clean and easy to understand.. and, unlike at least one other ungodly-popular webhost, you're not constantly inundated by upgrade offers and pricing add-ons.

Reaction score
Whats A good Website Hosting website. I need it to be somewhat cheap.

Many people i know use and highly praise [URL="http://www.dreamhost.com/]Dreamhost.com[/URL] because of

- Customer Support
- Reliablity
- Prices

I personally use it myself, and have been happy for about 2 years now!

You should definitely check it out

Reaction score
I use xservices for hosting because of there price.

Customer service is great
up all the time. only down once when they had a hurricane and it shut down for about 3 hours. They gave me $1 back for that month

website is www.xservices.info

C

chas_m

Their cPanel interface is clean and easy to understand.. and, unlike at least one other ungodly-popular webhost, you're not constantly inundated by upgrade offers and pricing add-ons.

Oh go on, just say you're talking about GoDaddy. :)

I use GoDaddy, but yes I'm more than a little tired of their "style." Good prices, but as tacky, "loud" and overly busy as an infomercial on crack.

Dreamhost USED to have a good rep, and may still be good, but lately they seem to be headed down "the GoDaddy path" it seems to me.

1and1 is a company I often hear mentioned as being cheap but good. No personal experience with them myself.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
1and1 is a company I often hear mentioned as being cheap but good. No personal experience with them myself.

I use these guys , as well as 123-reg, and can vouch for them. Haven't had a single problem with them over the past 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.