Screen Share on Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New iMac 20" Leopard vs. 10.5.7
Hi there guys,

I'm looking for a relatively simple way to screen share using my iMac and my sister's Windows XP laptop. Basically, we're looking for a way for me to be able to control her Windows XP screen with my iMac. I am aware of iChat, but unfortunately there is no Windows version.

I'm wondering if there is any other way i can do this.
I would be very grateful for any comments and/or answers.

Thanks a Macintosh HD!;D

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Screen share with pc

how the heck can I screen share with my dad's pc which is downstairs and not on my network? It shows up in my "shared" section in my finder sidebar though. How do I do it???

thanx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
Screen Sharing is done Mac to Mac which uses VNC technology. I've not tried screen share with a PC but one might try installing a VNC app in service mode on the PC and trying that way. If using the screen sharing option doesn't work you might try using CMD+K and typing in vnc://ip.of.dads.pc

The Apple Screen Sharing requires username and password. Most VNC instances use just passwords to connect. This might be trial and error finding a good PC VNC client.

Or if it is Windows XP Pro or Vista Business (or Ultimate) you can use CoRD to utilize the native windows Remote Desktop protocol. Be sureto enable it on the windows machine first.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks! I installed VNC on both, obviously a windows version on my dads, but it works now. Thanks again!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.