Upgraded to Leopard but

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 3.2QC, 27" (Oct 2012), iPad (3rd)、iPhone 6 Plus
Hi there, I recently upgraded from Tiger (10.4.11) to Leopard 10.5.6 (bought from OWC, cheaper than Apple store). After the upgrade was complete, I have a few problems. I did some searches by typing up my problem and found similar issues but decided to post my problem here because it will be easier for me to get better answers.

1) All my bookmarks for FireFox were gone but later I found it in a different folder. Imported but many PW/login info for certain sites are still missing.

2) Before Leopard, I was using Safari 4.0 Beta version (I like it a lot) but after upgrade, I had to reinstall Leopard version of Safari 4.0. Again, the bookmarks are missing and I don't know where they are.

3) All mail addresses and old mail messages are gone. I know they are saved somewhere but I don't know where. I use both Apple's mail and Entourage but primarily I use Entourage.

I learned from the other sites that older files are stored in 'Previous System' folder? So far I am not very happy :Shouting: because there are many missing from older version and I do not know what to do.

If someone has a similar experience and/or knows how to correct those problems, please share it with me. Thanks for your expertise.

OP
odenkun
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks so much for that information. I will try to see how it will go later today.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Safari 4 beta offered different downloads for Tiger and Leopard so it appears there will be a difference between them hence the new download requirement.

Rather than upgrading, an Archive and Install is the way to go with all your files and folders contained in a 'Old System' folder.

OP
odenkun
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I was not able to find out the file; Previous Systems/. I, however, do see Cache folder under Users folder. I did locate old emails, widget, iPhoto pictures, iTune music but cannot transfer none of those to the new system. I am stuck now and don't know what to do. The only transfer I was able to do was bookmarks for FireFox by using 'import' function. I tried to use 'import' in Entourage, iCal... but I cannot transfer anything.

Please someone help me out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.