Iomega Rev

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone here was using one with their mac - and if they were, are they using built in apple drivers, or drivers from iomega? I know the iomega download has the system using the udf file system on the cartridges, but if I decide I want to use my rev on my mac, I don't really see why I wouldn't want to use HFS+ especially since I wouldn't be moving these carts between macs and pcs...

(this is also if there even is a built in driver for the rev in 10.5.x - I haven't been able to find the box that my rev is hiding in atm, so I haven't been able to test it yet.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac
My wife bought an iomega, 500GB external drive for me as a Christmas gift in 2008. It saved me when my HD crashed but then yesterday the iomega bit the dust. In my opinion, 1 year and 3 months isn't a very good life span. I'll be looking for a replacement tomorrow and it won't be an iomega. I should have known better since I was told it isn't all that great of a product. I'll be looking for another brand this time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.