GPS for unibody macbook

Reaction score
Hi everyone.. Sorry but my first post is a question.. Basically I've been searching all night to figure out what I need to get to be able to get GPS on my Macbook. I want to be able to plug a usb or bluetooth it in and get a location and driving directions on the mac. Same as a handheld GPS but on the computer and minus the handheld unit. I've see some USB recievers and still kind of not clear on what ones are the way to go? Also where and how to get the map to use. I don't want to use parallels on it either.

If anyone could help with like and "Idiots" guide to getting gps on the unibody that would be much appreciated. I am fairly new to all this.. Please go easy on the rookie..hah Yes I have been searching for hours as well.. I think Im just not getting it though..

Another idea or question I have is this : I have the new unibody 2.4 macbook, and new 3G iPhone.. Is it possible to use the GPS function on the
iPhone and bluetooth or USB that onto my laptop and have a map program running and use it as a GPS system ???

And is there a way to use the iPhone's GPS when you cant get wifi reception. So its solely on the GPS function and still have the maps..?? Can i downlaod a map and use it offline ??? sorry for so many questions and if doesnt make sense... I've got heaps to learn, I know....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.