Problem Installing CS2

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm not sure if I have the right forum so please bear with me - I'm a newbie!

I have been having an on-going saga getting software legally on my mac. I'm a graphic designer and have been put on a 3 day week in work (recession reasons!!). My company have been very kind to lend me the old company mac which was replaced last year so I can do some freelance work. The software on the "old" mac was transfered to the new one via firewire so when I set up the old mac at home it asked me to activate the software. Completely unaware that it is possible to use the software on 2 computers (as long as they're not used simultaneously), I deleted the software so I could put my own CS2 software that I bought years ago. I am not too sure of licensing rules so I would prefer to use the CS2 version that is registered to myself.

One of the problems is that the CD drive is broken on the old mac so I am installing the software with a firewire through my ibook laptop (my laptop is 6 years old, running OS 10.3.9). When I select the "old" mac hard drive to install CS2 it tells me that some of the programs are already on the machine. I have checked and cannot find them anywhere on the old mac but am wondering if I'm getting the error message because CS2 is on the laptop. Although I am definitely selecting the old mac hard drive for installation. I'm sure I am doing the most complicated way and there is really a very straight forward option.

Any help / suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Adobe won't help as CS2 is "too old" and they don't provide support for it anymore. I've been trying to sort this out for 2 weeks now with no joy. I'm at the end of my tether. Sorry for the length of the thread.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Adobe software is famous for placing many files and folders in various places throughout. :( More than likely the message is originating because remnants of CS2 are on the old machine. You're going to have to dig them out and delete them first.

Without some sort of search technique it can become difficult to find folders and files belonging to a certain program. Both Adobe and Microsoft are guilty of scattering stuff about. Try using Spotlight to find the remnants or otherwise do a hunt and seek. Very time consuming.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.