How do downgrade the Safari from 3.2 to 3.1?

Reaction score
My MacBook Pro is now using Mac OS X 10.5.5 and Safari 3.2, but i need Safari 3.1 to do my work. So i uninstalled the Safari 3.2 and then download and try to install the 3.1. But the install wizard told me that "You cannot install Safari on this volume. This update requires Mac OS X 10.5.2 or newer" while my system is 10.5.5. Does any one happen to know why? Or anyone can tell me how to do this downgrade work? Thank you all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
OP
B
Reaction score
G'day baldo and welcome to the forums.

Rather than go backwards, have you considered going to the Apple web site and downloading the X.5.6 combo updater and trying the new, faster Safari 4? Works well with banking etc.

Mac OS X 10.5.6 Combo Update

Apple - Safari - Introducing Safari 4 - See the web in a whole new way

Thank you very much for your replies!!! :D

But the problem is that i'm using this Mac to test our product -- "Mashup Center " and unfortunately this product do not support any Safari later than 3.1.

Still trying and now i think maybe i should downgrade/re-install the OS system first. ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
You may well have to do that as the oldest Safari I can find is version 3.1.1.

One thing if Safari 3.1 appears on the original OS X.5 install DVD, you may be able to use a program called Pacifist just to install that browser. Worth a try first.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.