How to tell Itunes its an Audio book not music

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 Dual 2.5
Ok I have searched and I am not able to find an answer to my questions. If there is a thread please send me a link. So I have my Bible on MP3 format on CDs. I imported them to Itunes but Itunes thinks these are just songs. So if I listen to music I get some music and then a passage from Genesis. How can I either change the ID of the tracks to Audio book or import them as and audio book. So I can either listen to just my Bible or Music?

TIA

John

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Right click on the file(s) in iTunes.

Get Info > Options Tab > Set media kind as "Audio Book" > Check "Skip When Shuffling"

OP
Clark20ry
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 Dual 2.5
Thank you for help. bobtomay I knew that someone had already posted this problem I just missed it. Thank you again.

Reaction score
I have the same problem with my podcasts and I have way more podcasts than music on my ipod... when I want to shuffle music or listen to ALL songs, my podcasts are included in this playlist. Would I have to right click and change media type for all my podcasts??

Thanks!

Right click on the file(s) in iTunes.

Get Info > Options Tab > Set media kind as "Audio Book" > Check "Skip When Shuffling"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
I have the same problem with my podcasts and I have way more podcasts than music on my ipod... when I want to shuffle music or listen to ALL songs, my podcasts are included in this playlist. Would I have to right click and change media type for all my podcasts??

Thanks!

If you subscribe to them via iTunes then iTunes should automatically make it to where they don't play during shuffle mode.

I know there are sometimes I want to listen to a old episode no longer on the feed and I would have to download it and import it to my library. That's when I would have to right click and change it to "skip during shuffle" and "podcast".

So if your not subscribing to them your gonna have to do it manually unless someone here knows a quicker method.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.