Magnifying Glass

Reaction score
I am giving a presentation in a month and am looking for a way/program to magnify certain portions of my screen on the fly like: Finovate 2007 Video Archives

I have googled and come up empty-handed. Surly I am not the only person looking for this? I did find a program called "Computer Glasses" but it doesn't seem to work very well.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.33GHz C2D, 2GB RAM
Ctrl + scrollwheel seems to do it for me, in case the option key doesn't work for you. Or if you don't have a scroll wheel handy and are using a MacBook or MBP made in the last few years, you can also zoom in by making a two-finger gesture upward on the touchpad while holding the Ctrl key (and reverse the gesture direction to zoom back out).

OP
E
Reaction score
Ctrl + scrollwheel seems to do it for me, in case the option key doesn't work for you. Or if you don't have a scroll wheel handy and are using a MacBook or MBP made in the last few years, you can also zoom in by making a two-finger gesture upward on the touchpad while holding the Ctrl key (and reverse the gesture direction to zoom back out).

Thanks, but I was already aware of this. I want to be able to magnify parts of my screen, not the whole thing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
System Prefs > Universal access > Zoom > Options
There are a few options there incl Zoom follows keyboard focus and screen image moves continuously with pointer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.