Is it possible to compare two folders of similar content and:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
What I'm doing right now, and very painfully so.. is trying to compare content within two different directories in two finder windows, and weeding out what is already in one, so that I don't copy over any duplicates. These are photos, btw.

I know that the first logical thing to suggest would be to simply copy everything from one directory, and paste it into the other one, and just skip over the ones which already exist, but this will pose a problem eventually, since the number of files are too many for me to sit around and keep pressing "skip" etc..

So, is there an process within OS X (I'm doubting it but.. ) or an application which will kind of automate this process for me ? I've got 2 or more folders with possibly redundant NEF files, and I'd like to rid them from my external HD. If anybody has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

Doug

Nevermind, I guess ? I attempted to do the copy paste thing and it worked well enough. I was just paranoid that something would get messed up in the process.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.