Energy Saver Preference Pane Fixed!

Reaction score
Thanks to several of you for trying to help me straighten my new Mac Book out. The energy saver preference pane was missing from my system preference folder and I was unable to adjust any energy settings. Today, I took my original 10.5.5 disk that came with my macbook and inserted it while holding down C (while booting up). When it said it couldn't install the disk, it gave me an options tab. I selected Archive and Install and Preserve User and Network Settings... I then applied it. It took a bit over an hour but the MacBook is back to normal (with all of my movies/pics/music still on board). The energy savings preference is working again. I plugged in my external hard drive and Time Machined today's settings, incase I loose the pane again to a 10.5.6 or further update. Just thought I'd post my fix incase it helps anyone else out. Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.