Apple Displays

Reaction score
Are Apple displays (such as 15" LCD Studio Display (M2454)) compatible with macbooks. I have a black macbook that I purchased in 2008 and I am looking to purchase an additional monitor. Would that Apple monitor work? Or are there any other suggestions, I'm just looking for something that is cheap and usable. I'm a college student.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Just about any inexpensive LCD monitor will work. Take a look in your local Wal-Mart or Best Buy stores. Lots of LCD monitors ranging in price from around $199 on up depending on size and quality. You don't need to purchase an Apple monitor which in my opinion are overpriced.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, Mac Mini, 2 Classic Ipod's, and an old Imac
chscag is right. Just about any monitor will work, I just hooked up my 42 inch plasma to my Macbook and it worked fine. You will need to purchase the mini DVI adapter, and depending on what kind of display you buy, you might also need some sort of extension cable.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.