A podcasting work flow

Reaction score
For the Mac 20 Questions podcast I start with a file from Call recorder of Ecamm networks which records the interview in Skype
I have started to use the tool in Movie tools to split the conversation into 2 movie .mov files. The files are only audio despite the .mov extension

I drop the 2 sides of the conversation into Amadeus Pro. Amadeus is a sweet app from Hairer Software and I find it really good for editing out the ummss and errs from the interview. When I chop something out using Garageband I have to move the 2 sides of the audio closer to lose the gap. In Amadeus I don't have to do that, so it works much quicker for me.

Next I send the edited file as a AIFF to Levelator. This sorts out the file in terms of normalising. Usually the other side of the conversation is louder but after levelator it is just perfect. It is pretty quick to do its one trick and the results are worth it too.

I have a template set up for the Mac 20 Questions Podcast. The intro music for the first minute is there and I have a backing track all sorted too. I only have to move them to suit where I want to have the breaks and for the length of the audio I bring in from Levelator.

All that is left to do is a bit of tweaking to put in pictures for the enhanced track of the podcast. I export out to disk before getting the podcast uploaded to Libsyn. That's the whole job done and I just have tell people about the podcast being ready.

My microphone is a Samson C03U usb connected to my iMac 24. I also have a podcasting studio upstairs currently with the MacMini but next time I use it I will use my new MacBook instead.

:D What do you do when you do a podcast ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4ghz MacBook Aluminum/ 16GB IPod Touch :D
Nice setup. I am looking into Podcasting and I currently don't have a setup yet, but I am going to be using Garageband and most likely tuning others in threw Skype. How is your podcast turning out? If you ever need a guest I would love to attend one of your podcasts! Good Luck.

OP
M
Reaction score
Mac 20 Questions

The Podcast is going really well. I published episode 20 of the podcast today, an interview of Joshua from Canada. He is a student and so we get a students view of using the Mac.
I have the podcast available in iTunes which is a great way to get the podcasts out there.

If you want to be featured in a future podcast I would be happy to talk with you. contact me through this forum or I am @Wizardgold on Twitter.

OP
M
Reaction score
Mac 20 Questions Podcast 24

I posted the latest episode of Mac 20 Questions today. In it I am talking to Pat Mahon of Carlow in Ireland, he tells me about how he uses his Macs, his favourite applications for both the Mac and the iPhone.

Pat has a lot to say about many aspects of using the Mac, have a listen to the latest podcast. You can subscribe in iTunes, just do a seach for Mac20 Questions. or go to the mac20q site

OP
M
Reaction score
Two more Episodes this week

Mac users telling us how they use their Mac's on a daily basis.

Two more episodes published of the Mac 20 Questions Podcast published.

Episode 25 is an interview with Bart Busschots who appears on the NosillaCast (Chatting across the pond with Allison)and the Typical Mac Cast (series about terminal). Very interesting interview. I am sure many will like it.

The latest is a Mac 20 Questions Podcast featuring Ben Fryxell who is a Podcaster also and his podcast is MacMania Podcast.

OP
M
Reaction score
Posted a few more podcasts since my last in the forum. The latest episode is number 32. The latest is a Round Table type of podcast with a group of us chatting Mac geekyness.

You can still subscribe to Mac 20 Questions in iTunes

Already have more interviews in the can ready to edit and make future episodes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.