Oregon Trail Solved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
is there one i don't have?
It seems that a long trail, ;D of threads are discussing Oregon Trails the game originally for OS 9. I believe I have solved the issue, at least it works for me. The solution was really simple which is why nobody seemed to figure it out. You do need the font New York from OS 9 but there never was one called New York 18 specifically. So if you have access to the New York font just rename it to New York 18 then double click it to install and Voile! Seems to work every time. If you dont have the font you should be able to get it quite legally from Apple themselves. They are currently giving away the old operating system here.

I hope this has been some help to all of you who have been searching so long.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
IIf you dont have the font you should be able to get it quite legally from Apple themselves.
Not quite.

From the Software License Agreement link in the very same article you posted (link has been removed):
you may not copy, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, modify, or create derivative works of the Apple Software or any part thereof.
In other words, no, you cannot legally download any of those operating systems for the sole purpose of stealing a font from it (disassemble) in order to run an old game... that wasn't ever intended to be played on OS X.

All of the other threads you mention regarding this game stand true.
The only way to get that font is to run the OS version it came with.
You cannot cherry pick the font from any other means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.