Getting a DSLR

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
Ok so my very good friend decided to go for a DSLR, basically it's narrowed down to the Canon EOS 40D and Nikon D90, so I was just wondering if you guys have any feedback or tips on which to get? I think both of these are very good cameras, but it's always good to get some input from people who use actually use them :)

tnx for any input

scathe

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
I was looking for a less expensive models but take a look at my thread canon or nikon I could not decide either but I got the canon after some research I found the canon to be a great fit for me. The lenses are a lil more costly though. So check out the thread I know a lot of my questions were answered there. It is only a few threads below this one

OP
scathe
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
tnx for your replies :) Canon is winning, it is cheaper and the video is really unneeded, tnx for pointing that out

Reaction score
You said it in your original post- it's really hard to go wrong with either of them as an entry-level model. I went for the Canon a year and a half ago, but mainly because I could share lenses with a friend.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 13" Unibody White
I admit I am a bit biased as I own 2 of them, but I would also recommend a Nikon D200 as an entry level option. You can find those pretty cheap brand new now. Excellent camera.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.