internet

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
powerbook G3 400 mghz
hello ...I recently bought a powerbook G3 and I am having alot of trouble getting on to the internet! I went through the internet assistant and thought i had it figured out but when i searched it said something about the URL......not found or something like that.....................can anyone help??
terry

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
What OS are you running on the PowerBook? How are you connecting to the internet?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
also how is your connection set up, if you know? I mean how do you connect with the provider? Or maybe what the provider told you?

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
powerbook G3 400 mghz
I'm running 9.2 on the machine. I am trying to connect through an ethernet connection......Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
You are going to have a lot of trouble with the internet on 9.2. It is an extremely outdated OS and I don't even think it's possible to display modern web sites on it. Even if you got it to connect, it would be a frustrating experience at best.

If I were you I would upgrade to OS X 10.4 Tiger, which should run fine on your G3. That way you can use a modern browser on a modern system and should be able to get by much better then you could on OS 9. Tiger can be found on eBay, since Apple does not sell it anymore and Leopard will not run on your G3.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
powerbook G3 400 mghz
ADKhikerVW............Thanks for the advice.........I'm going to look into it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.