imac ge upgrade options...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
can anyone help me, I need help finding possible processor upgrades for a g3 imac, also motherboard upgrades. fastest, or fairly fast processor, at least 1 ghz, preferably lower in cost, lowest possible. Ive looked around and havent found much. any ideas?

B

Badger

Technowarehouse and Sonnet seem to be the only companies that still make processor upgrades. Techno has a G4/466 upgrade and Sonnet makes a G3/600. OtherWorld Computing also markets cpu upgrades but I don't know if they have anything for the G3 iMac. In reality, the low bus speeds of these models can act as a restriction so installing a superfast upgrade may not bring a big jump in performance. Another consideration is that these CPU upgrades can cost half (or more) the price of a new mini.

OP
Macman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
can the FSB be replaced with a faster one?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini @ 1.5Ghz, 1GB ram, 12.1" ibook 1.33Ghz 1GB ram
Macman said:
can the FSB be replaced with a faster one?
lol fsb is something physical, it stands for front side bus, this is usually determind by the memory controller on the northbridge chip....so the only way to get around this would be to get a new motherboard which supports faster front side busses

OP
Macman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I know, my question is will the g3 imac support such a motherboard.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.