Did you buy a MacPro Recently?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
several
Looking for people who recently bought a MacPro right before the new model was introduced. Please contact me!

Thank you.

Rick Brenner

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
several
Did you buy a MacPro Before the Announcement?

I bought a MacPro two days before the faster, cheaper and more featured model came out. Apple says "too bad". If you are in the same boat and would like to join a class action against Apple please contact me!

Rick Brenner

B&O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.
Apple have a 14 day return policy, you have to pay 10% restocking fee but if the new model is better and cheaper why not?

Also you got what you paid for so what's the problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
This one time, I bought a car in late 1995... then wouldn't you know it, Nissan goes and makes a new model of the same car in 1996... and it's cheaper!

I've heard that this very same situation has happened to others. I think I am going to file a class action lawsuit against Nissan because of this.

OMGWTCBBQWWJDFAKB!!!!111!!!eleventy!!
You mean to tell me that new, updated models of things come out... sometimes just a day or two after I bought my model... and companies don't always inform me of their plans to release a new product ahead of time??

How dare they!!!111!!!AWOLZOMGFCCWYSIWYG!!!!!

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I don't know the law but I'm pretty sure you can't sue a company because they upgraded their product. If that was the case, no company would ever do it out of fear that some litigious nut bought the old version recently.

Return it if you don't like it as B&O stated.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I bought a MacPro two days before the faster, cheaper and more featured model came out. Apple says "too bad". If you are in the same boat and would like to join a class action against Apple please contact me!

Rick Brenner

Good luck with that!!!

A class action lawsuit will cost YOU a heck of a lot more money than any $$$ you felt that you lost due to the intro of the new Macs!!!

Also, you won't have any sort of conclusion any time soon...because trivial cases like this can go on for years & years & years.

In the end your going to spend a LOT of your own money with lawyers fees...and you won't win the case...because you DON'T have a case.

Do you really think that you are the first person to buy a Macintosh computer (or any other consumer product) the day before new products were released!

Lots of luck with what you decide!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
Your second post and you are taking Apple to court. I thought I set lofty goals. It is a computer dude. Get over it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Phenom X3 720, Radeon 4870 1GB, 6GB DDR2-800, 32" LCD TV
You spent roughly $3,000 on a computer that had gone a year without an upgrade. Had you done a bit of research first, you would have learned that the Mac Pro was going to be upgraded soon.

There are three possibilities:

1. You didn't do any research and bought blind, in which case I have no sympathy for you since you should have found that out. You managed to find mac-forums.com; you could have asked a week or two ago (or when you registered in January) if people thought the Mac Pro would be updated. Instead you waited until after the fact to come here and complain.

2. You did know they were due for an update and bought anyway because you really needed the computer right away. If this is the case, then I'm sorry, it sucks to be put into such a situation but you have to make the best of it. I can sympathize but if you need the computer so desperately, wouldn't that make you too busy to go around pursuing legal action? Even if you get what you want, you'll have to go through the whole process of migrating your stuff from one computer to another and you may be without a computer for some time. So it wouldn't make sense.

3. You knew they were probably going to be updated soon but bought anyway because you just couldn't control yourself. If this is the case, please grow up.

I don't expect you to ever actually come back and read any of these responses, judging by the way you made two posts over the course of your ~6 weeks here, both about the same thing, and signed both of them with your real name for some reason, and then logged out immediately after making your second one. But if you do, read all these posts and see how many people are on your side.

Anyway you'd better get on that exchange thing quick. If you want to get a new Mac Pro so bad, pay the 10% (around $250-$300?) and do it. You can afford a Mac Pro, no reason you can't afford a restocking fee. That's how it works. You wanna play, you gotta pay.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Rick,
The computer you bought still fulfills the same needs you had when you bought it. Stop being a stuck up "need to have the best" person and realize, you got the computer you wanted, it still works, there is no need to have the next model up just because there is one.
Pbook.

Reaction score
I'm still happy with my old Quad 2.66ghz MacPro. I guess it depends on what type of work you will be doing. My friends commented that the current 2009 new MacPros has only little advantage over the old 2008 MacPro. For video editing the new 2009 MacPro might be more advantageous. But with graphic design, not much difference I guess. This year Apple came out with lower processor clock speed at a slightly higher price. Not sure if the price increase is justifiable for the new specs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 inch, iMac, Mountain Lion
About three weeks after I bought my eMac in Jan 2003, the price went down by $300 Aus (I think). I shook my head, had a bit of a chuckle, and thought, "Well wouldn't you know it?"

Really, it wouldn't make any difference if the price went up, down, or sideways, I'd made my choice and that was that. Therefore, I thought of those who were benefiting from the price drop, and was happy for the good difference it made for them!

Mike.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
About three weeks after I bought my eMac in Jan 2003, the price went down by $300 Aus (I think). I shook my head, had a bit of a chuckle, and thought, "Well wouldn't you know it?"

Really, it wouldn't make any difference if the price went up, down, or sideways, I'd made my choice and that was that. Therefore, I thought of those who were benefiting from the price drop, and was happy for the good difference it made for them!

Mike.

Great post.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nMP 6-core/32Gb/D700/512Gb: rMBP 15" 2.3GHz/16Gb/512Gb: iPhone 6 128Gb: iPad Air 2 128Gb: NEC PA322U
I bought my Mac Pro & 30" ACD late January.

I would've held out for the new 8-core model, however I am in no way depressed. I love my Mac and since all I really do with it is browse the internet and use iTunes the extra power isn't required. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.