iPhone 3G: Text Message Sounds

Reaction score
Yeah, I bought my iPhone 3G about two months ago and I'll just start by saying that overall I'm extremely happy. However, when I came across the text message sounds I found out that all 5 or 6 of them are extremely lame and boring. So I thought to myself, "not a problem, I have an iPhone, there HAS TO BE AN APP FOR THAT"!

Nothing. You can't even choose from another set of sounds elsewhere on the phone. You just have to choose from the annoying horn or the glass tapping uhhh...thing?

Anyone else feel like being able to alter your text message sound should be something you could do on a free phone? I bought this phone under the impression that the majority of things on it are completely customizable to your liking, but I guess not.

I couldn't find a rants and raves forum for iPhone, so here I am.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Yeah, nothing out there. I Jailbroke my iPhone a few weeks back (reverted this past weekend) and there is not even anything in that community to change text sounds beyond what Apple gave us. I was surprised and disappointed by that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Saving up for a Macbook
yea i hate all of them as well. I really wish there were more than whats on it

Reaction score
There is a way!

Yeah, I bought my iPhone 3G about two months ago and I'll just start by saying that overall I'm extremely happy. However, when I came across the text message sounds I found out that all 5 or 6 of them are extremely lame and boring. So I thought to myself, "not a problem, I have an iPhone, there HAS TO BE AN APP FOR THAT"!

Nothing. You can't even choose from another set of sounds elsewhere on the phone. You just have to choose from the annoying horn or the glass tapping uhhh...thing?

Anyone else feel like being able to alter your text message sound should be something you could do on a free phone? I bought this phone under the impression that the majority of things on it are completely customizable to your liking, but I guess not.

I couldn't find a rants and raves forum for iPhone, so here I am.

The following link will explain how to do this in great detail, the part for system sounds is closer to the bottom, the top part is for custom ringtones (not sure if you're interested in them) but I have tried it last night and it works great and is pretty easy to do. First though, you will need a jailbroken iphone with open SSH installed to access the filesystem on the phone.
Hope this helps.

http://www.hackthatphone.com/20/custom_audio.html

:D :D :D :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.