I need help publishing iWeb

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I know this has been a frustrating and frequent question for many people, but could anyone PLEASE help me with STEP-BY-STEP instructions of how to publish my iWeb site without buying the .mac subscription? I would be willing to buy a domain or web hosting (whatever those are!) if needed!

I am new to mac... I just switched last year. I absolutely LOVE the iWeb site I created (for my wedding this year), but would like to post it on a different domain.

Thank you so much!!!!!

Reaction score
First, which version of iWeb are you using? This makes a difference because in previous versions you have to save to a file and the upload via ftp to your domain. In the most recent version, you can ftp to any domain from iWeb.

Either way, you will have to purchase a domain name and hosting services. There are several out there to choose from and most people have their opinion about which one is better. I have found that most of them are very similar.

OP
J
Reaction score
First, which version of iWeb are you using? This makes a difference because in previous versions you have to save to a file and the upload via ftp to your domain. In the most recent version, you can ftp to any domain from iWeb.

Either way, you will have to purchase a domain name and hosting services. There are several out there to choose from and most people have their opinion about which one is better. I have found that most of them are very similar.
Hi aggie,

I am using iWeb 08. I have figured out how to "publish to a folder" on my computer, but I have no idea what FTP is or how to use a hosting service!

Thank you!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.