Another wireless not working issue...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP 2.33GHz Core 2 Duo, 3MB Ram
So I have a strange one. I have a 17" 2.5 year old Mac Book Pro with OS X 10.4.11. About 1 month ago my wireless stopped working, nothing in the house changed, my wife has a Dell Laptop with Win XP and no issues. Not only does it not work, but when I look for it, it says there is no airport hardware installed. So I have to plug in at home, I am stuck in my office.
Did I mention that my sound stopped working also, if i hit one of the volume buttons the image that pops up on the screen shows the white image of the speaker with the level indicator and a white circle with a line through it under the indicator.
Oh, one other strange thing at home, I cannot play video's any more, if I go to youtube and choose anything, it will play about 2 seconds then stop.

It was/is driving me nuts! So, it is still under warranty, I took it in, it worked just fine in the store. I took it home thinking it was just something odd. It did not work when I got home! I took it back and they kept it for a week, they replaced the airport card, logic board and cables. It worked just fine in the store, got home, nothin! I can take it to a local coffee shop and life is good, just not at home.
I think we got some new neighbors around the time it stopped working, has anyone heard of wireless n interfering with old wireless g systems? I have an old linksys router.
Or, does anyone have any thoughts as to what might have happened, what can I do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro Quad Xeon; 15" Retina Macbook Pro; macbooks (family); Macbook pro 17"; intel & G4 iMacs.
Is your router a G and N type router? Does the Dell attach via N? It could be the G networking that has stopped working. Can you attach using the Dell and see what connection method it works with.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.