iPhone freaking out

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro , 2.4ghz, 200gb HD, 4GB RAM; PowerBook G4 12".
Okay, my iPhone has been acting up lately. it acts like the sleep button is held down all of the time so it is constantly going to sleep without the button being pressed. it also acts like the home button is pressed down all of the time too, so sometimes if i just leave it there, it will restart and restart over and over again. also, the volume keeps going up and down without touching it and it will go into silent mode. what the @#$% is wrong with my phone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Not sure what's wrong, but have you tried restoring it? That usually gets rid of software problems. If it turns out the problem is still there, then you're looking at a hardware problem, in which case you'll have to get it replaced.

Reaction score
have you tried to blow out or brush out any gunk that may be in the sleep button?? icky stuff can collect in these areas and cause these types of problems on all sorts of junk.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
have you tried to blow out or brush out any gunk that may be in the sleep button?? icky stuff can collect in these areas and cause these types of problems on all sorts of junk.
The button is completely flush with the phone....
I doubt anything substantial enough to cause a problem would be able to get in there.

Judging that every button/switch started malfunctioning at once makes it seem like a software problem..
As stated earlier, try a restore and see what happens.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.