Adobe Alternatives? Let me know!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4ghz MacBook Aluminum/ 16GB IPod Touch :D
Yo Guys! I started this thread to gets your guys input on some software. I really like all of the programs that Adobe offers and really wish someday I can buy the full Masters Collection. But its really expensive so I was wondering if you guys had any free alternative programs that are somewhat similar so I can experiment.

I have a few programs that are in the same subject but I am looking forward to see what you guys can refer me to! This is a list of what I have so far compared to the originals.

InDesign CS4: None

Photoshop CS4: Gimp

Illustrator CS4: Inkscape (Doesn't work for some reason. Need to fix).

Flash CS4 Professional: None

Dreamweaver CS4: Nvu

Fireworks CS4: Gimp again?

After Effects CS4: None

Lightroom: None

Adobe Premiere Pro CS4/ Final Cut: None (I love iMovie and use it all the time but it would be fun to try something different).

Soundbooth CS4: Audacity/ GarageBand (Same thing as above).

Adobe Bridge CS4: None

I know none of these programs come close to being as good as the real thing but let me know if you guys have any recommendations :D!

Reaction score
Photoshop: Seashore, Xee, Inkscape, Scribus
Dreamweaver: Smultron (or if you're willing to put out the little cost: Coda)

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4ghz MacBook Aluminum/ 16GB IPod Touch :D
Photoshop: Seashore, Xee, Inkscape, Scribus
Dreamweaver: Smultron (or if you're willing to put out the little cost: Coda)

Sweet thanks I will try them out and post back. Still open for more suggestions!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.