Help with Boot camp and Time Machine!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New iMac 20" Leopard vs. 10.5.7
Hi there guys,

I have done something quite silly!
I have used my Boot Camp drive on my Mac OS X as a Time Machine back up drive. Now I want it changed back to the Boot Camp Drive again. I've tried going to Boot Camp assistant again, but it wont let me partition anymore.
I was wondering if anyone would help me or know how to make my Time Machine Backups Drive be my Boot Camp Drive again.

Thanks for any help received!

Cheers guys!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Run the Boot Camp assistant, select create partition, select restore. That will remove the partition and restore the entire drive back to OS X. Run the BC assistant once more and create a new BC partition.

Regards.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you very much!
But when I do, it says 'this startup disk is not supported.
What do I do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0 ghz
Have you already unmounted the drive as the time machine drive? If not, I believe that's what is causing your problems. Go to the system preferences for time machine and change it, so that it is no longer a disk for time machine. I believe you should be able to then use boot camp from there..

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks a lot guys!!
My Bootcamp and Time Machine problems are now fixed!
Thanks for all the help!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.