Screen Scratches

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum 12" 1.33ghz PowerBook G4 w/ 1280mb RAM, 80gb 5400rpm HD, 64mb vid RAM
My laid-back attitude has finally caught up with me, and after one of my roommate's many parties in our room, I came back to find scratches in the screen of my less-than-five-month-old PowerBook's screen. It appears as if someone knocked over my lava lamp (which also looks like it's seen better days) and it fell across the screen, putting a good six inch scratch that isn't incredibly pronounced, but definitely visible. You can feel it with your fingernail, too. Is there any sort of solution that will take scratches out of screens that will actually work? I don't really care how much it costs, because I will NOT be footing the bill for this one.
Any and all help is appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
goodluck with that bro....im still waiting for my money for a partially fried logic board due to a beer i saw my friend knock over onto my PB

of course it was the "im broke [but i buy beer every night of the week]" girl

and not the person next to her who is the "my dad just bought me a new bmw" kid

anyway....i just cant sleep, i have no way to fix the scratch, i just wanted to say good luck havin someone foot the bill
-chris

E

Eleven

Question?

Why do you leave drunk morons hanging around your powerbooks?

My computers are in my office, and when I throw a party, my office is locked.

T

tariq

IceCreme is meant of acrylic and metal surfaces, not LCD screens.

I have a tiny rouge 0.5cm scratch that I can feel with my fingernail as well, although I'm not sure how it happened. Anyways, I tried searching for a fix, but there doesn't seem to be any reliable LCD fixes around--they may just end up making the problem worse.

OP
X
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum 12" 1.33ghz PowerBook G4 w/ 1280mb RAM, 80gb 5400rpm HD, 64mb vid RAM
Eleven said:
Question?

Why do you leave drunk morons hanging around your powerbooks?

My computers are in my office, and when I throw a party, my office is locked.

It's a little hard when you're in college... it's my roommate's room, too. If I had known they were going to have that many people in there, I'd have taken my PB out, but it's a little hard to know that he's going to invite 15+ girls he's never met before to hang out in our tiny 16x10ft dorm room.
Someone's paying for this... whether it's some sort of liquid solution to take the scratches out or a whole new display, someone's forking over some cash. I've already talked to the RA and he's behind me on this one.
I demand satisfaction! *reaches for white glove*

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.