Forming the numbers 09 with 117 full names

Reaction score
Hiya,

I'm designing a graphic for the back of some clothes. The idea is to form the numbers '09' (on the back of the hoody) with everyone's names (all 117). How best would I do this?

Thanks,

beattie41

Reaction score
I'm a n00b, so not sure if there would be an easier way to do this...but you could make the outline of the 09, stick the names in there to fill them up, and then delete the outlines. As for which program would be best...I would assume Illustrator would be best, but I'd be interested to hear what the experienced parties say.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
One way to do it (in either Illustrator or Photoshop) would be to type up all the names, then type '09' big, arrange the names in the 09 area (overlapping as necessary) then create a clipping mask. :Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
a clipping mask is a great idea, but you are limited to a font, which is not a problem since you can get pretty much any kind of font online...

if you want to make your very own 09, either by drawing or vector lines, you can just use a simple alpha mask

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.