Ordered a iMac!!

Reaction score
Hey, I just ordered an iMac G5 1.6GHz. I really can't wait to get it. Although i hear it comes form texas? (the guy on the phone said that). And i like all the way up in Canada. So that makes it worse, it should be in next week though. I can't wait to open up the box to my first Mac. I'll probably post some pic's when i get it, and might have a few tiny questions. Hopefully my Mac experience goes great!

oh yeah, any one else order online from ontario?? how long did it take approx. thanks.

talk to you guys when i get my mac ! :D

M

meltbanana314

Texas? Try Shanghai, People's Republic of China.

Anyway, congratulations. I know you've been waiting longer than I have for a Mac and your patience has finally paid off.

OP
shaun89
Reaction score
Hm. ok then. i guess it would be faster then because of the air travel. Waiting sucks definatly. I have been for so long, and now waiting for it to arrive is worse. It says "Est. Ship Feb 22" Since last night... CAN"T WAIT!

OP
shaun89
Reaction score
the only crappy thing, is when ppl find out u ordered an apple, they are all "APPLE SUCKS" and they don't evne know anyhting. i just laugh because they don't know that there's anyhting better outside windows. well ya. anyways... waiting.....

D

Danster

I was waiting for like a year before I could get my mac then when I ordered it
it said 3-4 weeks

It was painfull, but the saying is true

Good things come to those who wait :p

M

meltbanana314

Yeah, it sucks doesn't it. The pro-Microsoft people will always be pro-Microsoft, even when a worm like Blaster or Klez bites them right in the ***, they format their hard drives and keep on using Windows because "that's how it's supposed to be."

OP
shaun89
Reaction score
Really well put, but I don't care what they think because i know what they are missing lol. And i hope the shipping is true, the person on the phone said 2 weeks or less. Hope it's true :)

Reaction score
I didn't want to wait on my mini so I just bought it locally even though that meant I didn't get any options, waiting sucks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Congratz Shaun! I have just been totally delighted with my switch! :alien:

OP
shaun89
Reaction score
Thanks whiteshark. I meant in my second post to say is shipped out from apple on the 22nd. So i might get it on the 25 which is friday, or on monday. Hope it's sooner.

Reaction score
mynameis said:
I didn't want to wait on my mini so I just bought it locally even though that meant I didn't get any options, waiting sucks.

Felt the same way about the mini, I couldn't wait and purchased it at the local Apple store. You could always upgrade it yourself :cool:
Very easy to do, and there are plenty of sites which show you how...

"shaun89" congrats on the imac purchase! The G5's are awesome computers. More often than not, I stop by the apple store and spend way to much time playin' with the G5's on display. :cool:

VJ

Reaction score
VakeJ said:
You could always upgrade it yourself :cool:
Very easy to do, and there are plenty of sites which show you how...

I have already upgraded the ram, I don't know where to buy a compatible Airport card and BT adapter.

OP
shaun89
Reaction score
k... days seem longer when your waiting for somehting. I can tell this is otally going to be hijacked, so i'll just post a pic in the Setup Thread when i get it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video
Congrats on the purchase shaun. I've only had my iMac for about three weeks and I don't know how I ever lived without it. :D You're gonna love your new computer.

-Chris

OP
shaun89
Reaction score
Cool. I'll probably become addicted to it for the first week. Thanks!

K

kabwon

wikkid, the imac g5 rox titties i tell ya! got mine on the 4th of feb, been the best comp experience of me life, except for the update issues im having and the fact that i cant get my phone to synx with my mac, CUZ I FORGOT TO ADD BLUETOOTH< im a stupid wank!
anyway, post em pics when u gettem, altho i know what it looks like, i got mine with JBL creature 2 speakers which rockem aswell.
ez mate

OP
shaun89
Reaction score
aww. before today, it said it would ship from apple today, now it says it will ship form them on March 9 and the order is still open. I have a feeling this will take a few months.. :(

C

code777

Why does it take so long to ship???? I mean the Apple Store here has tons of them and the dreaded CrapUSA has a ton of them as well (7 to be exact).

P

Prometheus

I recieved mine today. Ordered it 7th Feb. It does take awhile o get here, and it seems like an age when you can't wait to get your hands on it :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.