if I was to sell my imac

Reaction score
Do I have to uninstall my iLife 09 update and my iWork? What must I also make sure I do before selling it? Do I have to restore it to the original settings?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You don't have to uninstall anything provided that when you sell your Mac you give the buyer the disks for the installed applications. You should also give the buyer your original install media.

Regards.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It's your choice. If you don't want to give the buyer your new iLife09, then remove it before you sell the machine. ???

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Yeah but what if I want to update another Mac with the new iLife 09?
If you purchased iLife 09 separately, then don't sell it and be sure to uninstall it before you sell the computer.

If iLife 09 came with your install media, then it won't matter because when you sell the computer, you'll include the install media with the computer anyway.

OP
M
Reaction score
gotcha! Thanks for the info...I figured all of that but just wanted to make sure..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac core2Duo 2.4Ghz 4GB ram
If you're going to sell your machine, just reinstall OSX. That will put it back to factory so none of your stuff is on there (if you don't do a thorough format they could get to it if they really wanted to, but....) and clean to make sure they have a good experience with it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.