Freezing/crashing problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 15"
I have a macbook pro (late 2008 unibody) and it freezes up atleast 2-3 time during the week under normal use. I cannot watch downloaded TV episodes on iTunes at all because after about 5min I get this chirping sound from the speakers and the whole system freezes up and I can't do anything except hold down the power button.
Also a bit unrelated but I can only use my laptop with the 9600M, if I try to use the 9400M it will freeze up soon after startup, more then half the screen turns black and only a small distorted view on the top is left and again I have to hold down the power button..
Anyone know what the problem could be?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Sounds like faulty hardware. I would bring it to an Apple Store to have it looked at.

OP
Chris57701
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 15"
Re

Would if I could but Im deployed to iraq right now...

In my experience so far iMac's and macbooks are great machines, however Ive owned both the older macbook pro's (penryn) and the newer unibody macbook pro's and they suck.. nothing but problems with them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.