CPU Type: PowerPC G4 (3.3)
Number of CPUs: 1
CPU Speed: 1GHz
L2 Cache (per CPU): 256KB
Memory: 512 MB
Bus Speed: 167 MHz
Boot ROM Version: 4.6.8f4
Serial Number: QP4007RPVJ

I've searched quite a few threads, both here and across other forums. I've burned a copy of Tiger going from a .dmg file to an .iso file, and then burning the file. I've tried to boot from disc, as well as just running the installation and restarting, but when I do, my Mac just restarts as if there were nothing to boot from. I've been going crazy trying to figure out, any help at all would be appreciated.

Justin

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Use the original Tiger disc as downloaded .dmg files will not work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
*27" imac C2D 3.0/1TB/16GB**Mac Pro Octo 2.8/4x1TB/16GB**Mac Pro Quad 2.66/2x1TB/8GB**iPhone 4*
Use the original Tiger disc as downloaded .dmg files will not work.

Not true. You can burn .dmg and use them. Thing is you need to use disk utility to do so. And no matter what once you have .dmg file on desktop or downloads or where ever it lands on your computer, (YOU CANNOT OPEN THE IMAGE PRIOR TO BURN! DO NOT DRAG AND DROP EITHER AS THE FINDER STILL WILL MAKE CHANGES, YOU MUST OPEN DISK UTILITY AND CLICK BURN. IN THE DROP DOWN LOCATE IMAGE AND CHOOSE, THIS WILL BURN THE SOFTWARE WITH NO CHANGES.) If you do open the image the finder installs hidden info such as times and dates and such regular log info thus adding unneeded info to the source. You will need to create image all over again. Remember use disk utility only to burn and do not open the image or drag prior to burn.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
*27" imac C2D 3.0/1TB/16GB**Mac Pro Octo 2.8/4x1TB/16GB**Mac Pro Quad 2.66/2x1TB/8GB**iPhone 4*
Here are my specs

Machine Model: iMac
CPU Type: PowerPC G4 (3.3)
Number of CPUs: 1
CPU Speed: 1GHz
L2 Cache (per CPU): 256KB
Memory: 512 MB
Bus Speed: 167 MHz
Boot ROM Version: 4.6.8f4
Serial Number: QP4007RPVJ

I've searched quite a few threads, both here and across other forums. I've burned a copy of Tiger going from a .dmg file to an .iso file, and then burning the file. I've tried to boot from disc, as well as just running the installation and restarting, but when I do, my Mac just restarts as if there were nothing to boot from. I've been going crazy trying to figure out, any help at all would be appreciated.

Justin

Justin pay close attention to thread above recreate image and follow instructions do not change the file from .dmg either this will change the original state. Use the advice to get back up and running but for legal purposes purchase an authentic copy as per the rules and feel safe knowing you have a full install DVD and not a copy. Creating a personal copy of your os is perfectly legal for back up reasons in the event your original becomes scratched and will not install. Good luck and hope this helps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.