• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

iDVD--Scene Selection/Chapter Problem

Reaction score
I am using iDVD '08 v.7.0.2

I have made about dozen little movies with it so with no real significant issues.

Last week I downloaded some updates and now I am having annoying issues.

Specifically, with accessing Scene Selections after the dvd is burned.

I created the chapters in iDVD and can access them in the preview mode.

But after burning the dvd, while I can move around and highlight the various chapters, I can not access them. And if I try just using the Chapter Forward button on my remote, nothing happens.

Rest of the dvd works fine. The movie plays without any glitches, the submenus all work. So while I can create chapters and a scene selection menu, I can not active the chosen chapters I wish to view.

HELP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New iMac 20" Leopard vs. 10.5.7
Have you tried playing the DVD in a normal DVD player or on another Operating System? It could be an issue with iDVD, the Burning process, or iDVD.
Anyway, have you tried it on another DVD machine??

OP
B
Reaction score
Have you tried playing the DVD in a normal DVD player or on another Operating System? It could be an issue with iDVD, the Burning process, or iDVD.
Anyway, have you tried it on another DVD machine??

Yes, I tried it in two different dvd players and on my iMac, the results are all the same.

The other thing I forgot to mention, when you are in Scene Selection, and try to choose a chapter to go to, while it highlights that chosen chapter, it sort of freezes up--in another words, you can no longer navigate around the scene selection menu, it stays stuck on the chosen chapter. You have to hit the main menu button on your remote to get out of the chosen chapter.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Have you tried burning it to another DVD to see whether the disk is damaged?

OP
B
Reaction score
Have you tried burning it to another DVD to see whether the disk is damaged?

Yes, I have burned it 3 times in fact.

No this is definitely something to do with the software. And as I said, I never had this issue before my last iDVD update.

Though in searching other boards, I found this same problem mentioned but no one ever posted a solution that I can find.

I wonder if there is someway to remove my last update?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't believe you can remove updates, but you can always downgrade to a previous version. I'm not 100% sure where you could get that from - I don't know whether apple keep old versions on their site. Give it a look: Apple - Downloads

dar

Reaction score
same issue

I ran into the same problem... everything else works. Tried it different DVD players, no good. It must be some sort of bug with a new update.

Has anyone been able to get around this yet?

Reaction score
Same problem with Chapters

I have version 7.03 (1110). I have the same problem. After I burn or create an image all the links to the chapters fail and go to the same spot in the video.
I noticed that the preview also fails which worked fine before. I re-created the DVD from iMovie with a completely different theme and still have the same problem. I was wonder if your preview fails as well after the burn. Any one found a fix yet?

dar

Reaction score
my preview still works. In fact, even the chapter selection in the preview still works.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.