Restoring iPod problems

OP
M
Reaction score
I did and now it just stays bright with the apple icon, and the whirling clicking continues, I'm gonna eat and give it another 20 min.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Soon to own
Um...
Has it yet occurred to anyone he doesn't have an iPod Classic

Clue number one: 30GB
The iPod Classic doesn't have a thirty gigabyte hard drive.

Clue number two: 3 years old
The iPod Classic was fist released in August of 2007

To help clear things up, he has a 30 GB iPod Video.
I had one as well and unfortunately suffered from the same problem.
I don't believe you'll be able to fix it.
If it's still under warranty, I'd return it.

OP
M
Reaction score
I believe it worked, its charged and when I hit the play button the screen came on and I had to select my language, and it all seems ok. I'm gonna load up some songs and see if they play. Thanks for the help guys.....Now when I plug it into iTunes it says that iTunes has detected an iPod that appears to be corrupted. You may need to restore this iPod before it can be used with iTunes. You may also try disconnecting and reconnecting the iPod.....I tried the disconnect/reconnect method but still says that its corrupted. Should I restore it a second time? or is the iPod fried?

OP
M
Reaction score
Slanted Blue White lines?
can you take a screen shot of that iTunes window and post it here?

To select an area to take a screenshot, hold down cmd-shift-4. Then click and drag to make a selection where you want it to take a screenshot. It will create an image on your desktop. Then just post another message here and upload the picture for me (if you can?!)
Cheers

Heres what it looks like...

Picture 1.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.