speeddownload

Reaction score
i downloaded a program called speeddownload it sucked so i removed it, now i cant download anything from safari or firefox, when i click download nothing happens hhheeeelllpp please

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
If you just dragged it to the trash, you're going to need to re-install it and remove it properly. See here.

FYI for everyone: Always look for an uninstaller with any app that installs from a pkg file (has it's own installer) before you go dragging it to the trash.

Many of these will install themselves into their own folder within the Applications folder and will include the uninstaller there. For those that don't, be safe, as soon as you install an app that uses an installer rather than drag and drop, set up a folder to store those .dmg's. Then just do a quick check there before just dragging an app to the trash. This is primarily true of apps that require modification to system files.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
If you still have the .dmg file, open it, install and then run the uninstaller.

If you do not have the file, download a new copy. Very disappointed with this application. it worked very nicely under Panther and Tiger. Leopard does not seem to need it and noticed absolutely no difference in download speeds after it was uninstalled so I think that tells a story>?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.