Phone memory card

Reaction score
Okay; so I plugged my Sony Ericsson into my Mac the other day to put some music on it.

I ejected "Phone Card" and took out the USB.

..Now my Mac wont see "Phone Card" when I plug in my phone.

Anything I can do?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Sony Ericsson phones use a micro M2 type of miniature memory card. When the Sony is attached to your Mac via the special USB cable, you should see two items on your desktop: One for the phone memory, the second for the M2 card. It's not clear from your post which one you ejected?

When removing a Sony phone with an M2 memory card from your machine both devices must be ejected. Also when attaching the phone, you must wait for the Sony to detect it has been plugged in before the devices will appear on the desktop.

Regards.

OP
M
Reaction score
Sony Ericsson phones use a micro M2 type of miniature memory card. When the Sony is attached to your Mac via the special USB cable, you should see two items on your desktop: One for the phone memory, the second for the M2 card. It's not clear from your post which one you ejected?

When removing a Sony phone with an M2 memory card from your machine both devices must be ejected. Also when attaching the phone, you must wait for the Sony to detect it has been plugged in before the devices will appear on the desktop.

Regards.

I ejected the memory card, and the actual phone's memory shows up, however "phone card" doesn't.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Sounds like you may have removed the USB cable (phone) before ejecting both the M2 memory card and the phone memory. Try removing the M2 card from your Sony Ericsson and then plug the phone back in to your Mac using the cable. Eject the phone memory (phone).

Now reinsert the M2 card back into the phone. Plug the phone back into the Mac and give it time to recognize it's attached to the computer. I don't know which model Sony cell you have (I have a TM506) but it should say something like transfer ready. Both the M2 and phone memory should appear on the desktop.

Also, make sure the M2 card is OK and your phone actually knows it's inserted. You can do this by selecting an option from music or pictures. The phone should show you what files are there.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.